About United Kingdom
Alberta Exports To United Kingdom
United Kingdom Imports
1. Germany 12.9%
2. China 9.8%
3. United States 8.3%
4. Netherlands 8%
5. France 5.8%
Alberta-United Kingdom Relations
- Traditionally, relations with Britain have been very close, with many Albertans serving in Britain during both the First and Second World Wars, and many more Britons making Alberta their new home throughout the last century.
- Alberta's oldest international office opened in London in 1913, with a focus on immigration, trade and investment.
- The United Kingdom (UK) held a referendum on June 23, 2016 to gauge the country’s support for remaining in the European Union (EU). Results were 51.9 per cent voting to leave the EU with a turnout of 72 per cent. The UK government now intends to leave the EU, known as Brexit.
For more information on United Kingdom-Alberta relations, download:
United Kingdom Trade Portal
The UK Department of International Trade has launched a trade portal for exporters to the UK. Learn about:
- product-specific standards and regulations
- duty and VAT to pay
- Tariff Codes
- duty relief schemes
- if an import licence is needed
- your UK commodity code, for example if you do your own import declarations